Thursday 30 December 2004

Fun Times at the Bus-Stop


I've had a simply excellent day....fun times at the bus stop (Oooo doesn't tt juz sound sooooo exciting?). The amount of time I spent waiting for one bus compared to the amount of time I spent IN the bus was in the ratio of 4 to 1 or something like that. Of course the difference would have been much greater if I wasn't stuck in an unmoving bus half the time due to impressively slow traffic at 2 to 3 pm in the afternoon. What is the world coming to anyway? Don't people have to WORK?? They aren't suppose to be on the roads in the middle of the afternoon....

Anyway was stuck at the bus stop waiting for 61 for a good 25 mins. All this time numerous 966s & 854s came and went...and a whole lot of other numbers too. I reckon whoever did the labelling of the SMRT buses are biased towards 966s & 854s or got number-happy with every other number but 61. Then when a 61 finally came I found out I was waiting on the WRONG side of the road!!!! (Dun you just love it when that happens?)

The 61 bus came fairly quickly on the other side of the road though...it would have been too perfect if I had to wait another 25 mins... Seriously SMRT must be raking in big bucks to afford to operate at their own time. Unfortunately for the rest of us who are dependant on public transport all we can do is pay, wait & complain....or you could walk.

No comments: