Wednesday 12 April 2006

Interesting Read

While waiting for my sister on campus a couple of days ago, I wandered around the management section in the library and happened to chance across a really interesting book by Wayne Lotherington. It's entitled "Flick your Creative Switch - Developing Brighter Ideas for Business". It's a really interesting book, a guide to creative thinking which has too often been stifled by the rules and regulations we face in everyday life.

Just something I read in the book that I was inspired to share:

Who am I? I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
I will push you onwards or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.

Half of the things you do you might just as well turn
over to me and I will do them quickly and correctly.
I am esily managed, you must merely be firm with me.

Show me exactly how you want something done and
after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great men and women and,
alas, of all failures as well.

Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not machine, though I work with the precision
of a machine, plus the intelligence of a person.

You may run me for profit or run me for ruin,
it makes no difference to me.
Take me, train me, be firm with me,
and I will place the world at your feet.

Be easy with me and I will destroy you.

Who am I? I am Habit.


- Gary Kroehnert

No comments: