Saturday 3 March 2007

Online Dating

It's always really interesting to look at online dating. There are heaps of these sites on the internet...country-specific, city-specific, global. Most of the sites as usual cater to people in the US,like JustSayHi.com.

Quite a couple of dating sites do actually cost to join or those who pay have more features available to them. The main matchmaking site in NZ allows only the paid members to initiate contact. JustSayHi.com claims to be absolutely free. I'm quite suspect of claims of "free" coz there usually is a catch. I mean these sites have to cover their operational cost after all. Aside from Google ads, I haven't seen how JustSayHi.com generates income to cover its costs.

Reading the descriptions people put up of themselves has gotta be the most interesting part of pretty much any dating site. You have everything from the ordinary Joe to glamourous chicks...to even a mother looking for a guy for their daughter as I saw on JustSayHi.com. I wonder whether her daughter knows that her mum has posted an ad looking for a guy for her daughter... I reckon I'd be pretty unhappy if my mum went to an online dating site to find a guy. Parents and matchmaking....'nuff said 8S.

No comments: