Thursday 21 September 2006

When Do the Birds Sing?

Dunedin is now evidently in Spring. I love Spring, I really do.

We've got:
1. warmer weather (strangely warm today)
2. fresh green leaves on previously bald trees
3. cherry blossom petals showering down when the wind blows
4. colourful flowers everywhere
5. more daylight hours

But this is really paltry evidence to mark Spring's presence, what really brings home the fact that Spring is here is:

1. Hay Fever
2. Allergies
3. Everyone getting sick
4. Pollen covered car
(washing it is redundant coz it remains clean for less than a day)

Oh and this may or may not have something to do with Spring, but I've noticed the birds start singing at 3am now and sing straight all the way to 6am at least. Why do I know this? (I also know that the street sweepers start work at 5.30am and the waste management truck goes round campus at around that time too, also at that hour traffic on the road consists of taxis and huge trucks that like to speed...but that's besides the point) Coz recently I've been finding myself spending the night in campus working once again on those never ending assignments.

Oh yeah I'm really enjoying Spring...

No comments: