Monday 15 January 2007

And then there were Three...

One of our flatmates for this year moved in recently into the nicest room in the flat. Nicest coz it was recently renovated by the landlords. It's not a very big room though so I guess its "new-ness" makes up for its lack of size, seeing as to how we'reall paying the same amount for rent. He's been pretty cool so far and friendly and easy to talk to. He's a sports person and plays cricket very regularly and hopes to make the Otago team...and I muz say he definitely is a determined fellow. Presently he is still training and playing cricket with a broken foot and yet-to-be-fully-healed fractured ribs. How he manages to run with a broken foot I have no idea. Even better would be how he has managed to conceal the fact that he has a broken foot from the coaches. And he hasn't even been to the doctor...

Anyway I am glad to say that after 3 years I finally sorta get cricket. After many failed attempts by various mates to explain de game to me, our new flatmate has succeeded somewhat. It still doesn't change the fact that cricket goes way too slowly and long for my liking though lol. Nope, can't make a cricket fan outta me...even if cricket is our other national sport.

It's gonna be a pretty exciting sports year with the cricket world cup on and then the rugby world cup. Looks like the tv is gonna get plenty of use this year 8). I'm looking forward to seeing the All Blacks get the cup (which really rightfully belongs with us...after all we have the world's best rugby team...lol). 8p

No comments: